- Provision of information services to on-site and distance users through database searches printouts, e-mail on requests and fax.
- Photocopying, scanning and binding. Our service team is always ready to provide the client with prompt and specialized service.
- The Media Centre: The media centre support knowledge creation, storage and dissemination of information through media technology. This unit has a comprehensive state of the art, audio visual equipment which includes LCD TV, DStv, tape recorder and DVD player.
- Outreach programmes: LDSs specialized team often undertake outreach programmes to rural schools informing them about Africa.
The LDS database includes abstracts from carefully selected academic journal articles. These abstracts are also available on the Africa-Wide, an electronic information resource which is an aggregate of 40 bibliographic databases from around the world. Coverage includes political, socio-economic, international and development issues facing contemporary Africa.
- WIZCAT: Includes bibliographic descriptions of nearly 86000 books, monographs and of carefully selected periodical articles with abstracts from the 132 serial titles. The collection of bound serial represents an excellent coverage of journals on Africa since the 1960s.
Click here to “Search our Library Catalogue”
- DM5: Database to store current information on African issues. Political and social economic issues and African Affairs.
- FACTIVA: Provides global content sourced out from the Financial Times, Dow Jones and the Reuters newswires and the Wall Street Journal as well as the Associated Press.
- ECONOMIC INTELLIGENCE UNIT (EIU): A source of information on economic and political trends, government regulations and corporate practice worldwide. Provide country analysis on more than 53 countries on the African continent.